A nice cocktail for the holidays? That’s exactly what Mother Nature offered us this week! In the last 48 hours, we received 9 cm of snow, some sleet, a bit of sunshine and some rain. We also received a significant build-up of ice on Monday night, especially at the top of the mountain, which delayed the opening of several lifts on Tuesday morning. While our team of mechanics worked to de-ice the primary lifts, inspection of other lifts such as the Flying Mile and the Porte du Soleil had to be delayed.
Furthermore, the precipitation that we received in solid form, mixed with the colder weather, made it possible to build a quality base once groomed. We started the work on the slopes as soon as the cold began to harden the snow, without interruption, in order to re-open tracks continuously throughout the day Wednesday. The various glades, meanwhile, will be evaluated this week in order to plan their reopening.
If you had any doubts because of the precipitation, you’d be surprised! The ski conditions in the groomed areas are very good despite the meteorological cocktail we received. Our team of mountain operations and their fleet of groomers have successfully met this challenge.
Fortunately for all, the snow forecast in the next few days will enable the reopening of some more areas in natural snow. The opening of our 96 tracks is not too far away!